We run workshops in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Geelong (vic), helping songwriters and even those who would like to start writing songs to develop techniques that can make them write to professional standards.
Our workshop Agenda consist of the following:
- Presentation of attendees and mentors
- Lecture on a technique used by hit songwriters which can also be practical within the workshop.
- Understanding the Music Industry (Could cover any topic - i.e. Music Publishing / Copyright / Royalties)
- Masterclass: Giving professional critics on some attendees songs where everyone learn from how songs can be improved to meet marketable levels.
- A gift offered to one of the attendees, either for participation, or for being the very first to RSVP for the workshop, or for having attending more workshops than anyone else. Gifts could be anything music related, varying from iTunes gift cards, a musical instrument to a music equipment. In the past we have given a guitar, iTunes gift cards, speakers, earphones and headphones. Congratulations to Maree Dirou who won an iTunes gift card for being the very first to RSVP (Brisbane) and to Alicia Mills who won a quality Sennheiser headphone (Sydney) for attending 3 times out of 4 consecutive workshops.
Our next workshop will take place in Adelaide on [Date to be announced] at the Safe Place Learning, 5/147 Goodwood Rd, Goodwood at 1PM - 5PM.
Cost is $40 only and payable on the day. For workshops please DO NOT click on the ENROLL NOW button above. Bring exact cash as we may not have enough change.
Here are some of the testimonials from those who have attended Magesongs workshops this year (11 June in Brisbane & 6 August in Sydney)
To book for our upcoming workshop from this website, please click on the following email and state that you will attend at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For feedback on a song in the making, please send also one lyric so it can be placed in MS Powerpoint for our Masterclass. You may bring a guitar to sing the song or have it ready in an audio player, i.e. iphone / ipod.